Monday, September 23, 2013

Supernatural Pregnancy & Childbirth

At the beginning of the summer we discovered we were PREGNANT!  And much further along than we realized!  So this summer has been a time of dreaming and planning for a second little one!  Yay!  It has been such an easy pregnancy (I'm 23 weeks! Due January 20th), and I literally JUST started showing last week - like all of a sudden.  I've had great steady energy and no real negative symptoms.  Can a girl ask for anything more?!  Thank You Jesus!

Being pregnant, I've picked up a few books again: Ina May's Guide to Childbirth by Ina May Gaskins, and Supernatural Childbirth by Jackie Mize.  These two books are seriously the two MUST READS for any pregnant woman (in my opinion), even if they are the ONLY two books you read during your pregnancy!  I am being so encouraged and filled by re-reading these books, and I've decided to pass on some of what I'm learning, particularly from the Supernatural Childbirth book.

This book is wonderful, and full of beautiful testimonies of women with breakthrough in getting pregnant, having pain-free childbirths, and more.  And the authors lay out a great foundation on biblical references of what God says about pain, childbirth, fear, and faith.  I am dedicating my next 17 weeks to ingrain myself with Truth and build my faith as I eagerly anticipate my labor and the coming of my second child.

The following is a lengthy explanation and list of what I am praying, agreeing with God, and declaring over myself (my body, my baby, my soul/mind and spirit) daily.  Hope you can benefit from this as much as I am!

<3 love, Bethany


Spiritual Declarations and Scripture verses
for Pregnancy and Childbirth     
"Death and Life are in the power of the tongue" 

*There were two curses: 1) the curse in the Garden; 2) the curse of the Law
The curse in the Garden separated God from man.  And God immediately set into motion a plan of Redemption (with JESUS) to fix that relationship!  The most beautiful Love Story…

            Galatians 3:13,14,29 (The Voice)
            Jesus, the Anointed One – the Liberating King – has redeemed us from the curse of the Law by becoming a curse for us…This is what God had in mind all along: the blessing He gave Abraham might extend to ALL nations through Jesus; and we are the beneficiaries of this promise of the Spirit that comes only through faith!
(v29): Since you belong to Jesus and are now subject to His power, you are the descendent of Abraham and the heir of God’s glory according to the promise!

*It’s important to understand that the curse in the Garden does not mean women will have “pain” in childbirth.  The correct translation is “sorrow.”  Which is the same word used in Adam’s curse: “in sorrow you shall eat (food of the ground) all the days of your life.” 
           
            Isaiah 53:4,5 (ESV; The Voice)
            Jesus has borne our griefs and carried our SORROWS…He was wounded for our transgressions, He was crushed for our iniquities.  Upon Him was the chastisement that brought us peace (He endured the breaking that made us whole), and with His stripes we are healed!!
           
            1 Peter 2:24 (ESV)
            He Himself bore our sins in His body on the tree, that we might die to sin and live to righteousness.  By His wounds you have been healed.

            Philippians 4:13 (ESV)
            I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me!

            Luke 1:37
            Nothing is impossible with God!

            John 10:10
            Jesus says: I came to give you life more abundantly (that you may have life, and have it more abundantly)

            Philippians 1:6 (ESV)
            He who began a good work in you will bring it to completion!

            Hebrews 10:23 (ESV)
            Hold fast the confession of your hope (faith) without wavering, for He who promised is faithful!

            Psalm 1:3
            v.2 ESV: (Blessed is the man whose delight is in the law of the Lord, and on His law he meditates day and night…)
            You are like a tree, planted by flowing cool streams of water that never runs dry.  Your fruit ripens in its time; your leaves never fade or curl in the summer sun.  No matter what you do, you prosper! (The Voice)

            Acts 10:38 (ESV)
            Jesus was anointed by the Holy Spirit with power, and He went about doing good and healing ALL who were oppressed by the devil, for God was with Him.

            Romans 8:37 (ESV)
            We are more than conquerors through Him who loved us!
            (v.32: He who did not spare His own Son but gave Him up for us all, how will He not also with Him graciously give us ALL things?)

Philippians 4:19 (The Voice)
            Know this: my God will also fill every need you have according to His glorious riches in Jesus the Anointed, the Liberating King!

            Luke 6:38 (The Voice)
            Jesus said: Don’t hold back – give freely, and you’ll have plenty poured back into your lap – a good measure, pressed down, shaken together, brimming over.  You’ll receive in the same measure you give.

            1 John 5:14,15 (ESV)
            And this is the confidence that we have toward Him (Jesus):  That if we ask anything according to His will, He will hear us.  And if we know that He hears us in whatever we ask, we know that we have the requests that we have asked of Him!
*(This is how I say it over myself: I have the confidence that if I ask anything according to Your will, You will hear me.  And since I know You hear me, I know that I know that I know that I have the requests that I've asked of You!  Thank You Jesus!)

            Romans 12:2 (ESV)
            (v.1: offer your body as a living sacrifice, holy and acceptable to God, your spiritual worship)
            Do not be conformed to this world – (or think the way others think negatively or fearfully about childbirth) – but be transformed by the renewal of your MIND that by testing you may discern what is the will of God, what is good and acceptable and perfect.

*Fear and faith do not operate together.  Fear is the opposite of Faith (in God).  Fear = faith in the inferior reality.  You are called to and able to live in God’s reality – the superior reality!  Fear is the devil’s motivation, and it can be one of the greatest causes of pain during childbirth when it’s allowed to operate.  You only fear the unknown or past bad experiences.  Focus on what is true, on God’s Word and His promises for you.  Do not let fear rob you of LOVE and JOY and PEACE, and all the fruits of the Spirit, which abides in you (and you in Him!)
            Trust in the Lord and do not fear.  You have the mind of Christ and peace of God!  Your mind, body and spirit are relaxed and at peace

            Philippians 4:8,9 (ESV)
            Whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is just, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is commendable, if there is any excellence, if there is anything worthy of praise, think about these things.  What you have learned and received and heard and seen in me – practice these things, and the God of peace will be with you!

            1 John 4:18 (ESV)
            There is NO FEAR in LOVE.  Perfect Love casts out fear!

            Psalm 34:4
            The Lord delivers you from all your fears!

            2 Timothy 1:7 (ESV)
            For God gave you a spirit not of fear, but of POWER, LOVE, and SELF CONTROL (SOUND MIND)

            1 Timothy 2:15 (ESV)
You will be safe and sound in childbirth as you continue in faith, love and holiness, with self control!

            Romans 10:17 (ESV) where to get faith?
            Faith comes from hearing, and hearing through the Word of Christ!

            John 14:27 (ESV)
            Jesus said: PEACE I leave with you; my peace I give to you.  Not as the world gives do I give to you.  Let not your hearts be troubled, neither let them be afraid.

            Philippians 4:7 (ESV)
            And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your HEARTS and your MINDS in Christ Jesus!

            Jeremiah 29:11
            For I know the thoughts I think toward you, says the Lord, thoughts of peace (wholeness), not of evil, to give you a future and a hope!

            Isaiah 41:10 (ESV)
            Fear not, for I am with you.  Be not dismayed for I am your God; I will strengthen you, I will help you, I will uphold you with my righteous right hand!

            Isaiah 26:3,4 (The Voice)
            You (God) will keep the peace – a perfect peace – for all who trust in You, for those who dedicate their hearts and minds to You.  So trust in the Eternal One forever, for He is like a great ROCK!

            Isaiah 54:17 (ESV)
            No weapon formed against you shall succeed, and you shall confute every tongue that rises against you in judgment.  This is the heritage of the servants of the Lord, and their vindication from me, declares the Lord.

            Psalm 112:6-8 (ESV)
            The righteous will never be moved; he will be remembered forever.  He is not afraid of bad news; his heart is firm, trusting in the Lord.  His heart is steady, he will not be afraid, until he looks in triumph on his adversaries.

            Psalm 27:1 (ESV)
            The Lord is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear?  The Lord is the stronghold of my life; of whom shall I be afraid?
            (The Eternal is my light amidst the darkness and my rescue in times of trouble.  So whom shall I fear?  He surrounds me with a fortress of protection, so nothing should cause me harm!) (The Voice)

            1 Peter 5:7 (The Voice)
            Since God cares for you, let Him carry ALL your burdens and worries.
            (Cast ALL your anxieties on Him, because He cares for you!) (ESV)

            Psalm 28:7
            The Lord is my strength and my shield; in Him my heart trusts, and I am helped; my heart exults and with my song I give thanks to Him!

Thou O Lord are a SHIELD ABOUT ME!

Psalm 91 (The Voice)
God covers you with His feathers.  Protects you under His great wings, His faithfulness will form a shield around you, a rock solid wall to protect you
The Eternal is your Refuge.  The Most High is your only home.  NO evil will come to you!


Amen!




No comments:

Post a Comment