Thursday, January 12, 2012

Our Favorite Waterfall

One of the things I miss the most about Redding is being able to "escape" to a waterfall, lake, river, mountain, or some other secluded nature place.  If ever I needed a refresher, I could hop in the car and make the 5 mile drive to beautiful Whiskeytown Lake and beyond and venture out into the beauty of God's creation, away from "civilization."  Often I would jump on my bike and ride around the peaceful river trail where sometimes I would come across a deer and have a sweet encounter with her.  I LOVED these precious times with God and to myself!

The bummer about Fargo is that there is nowhere to escape like this.  I've tried.  I've tried driving away from civilization...and ended up in farmland.  And honestly, I just want my waterfall.  Or my bridge by my river...not someone's open farm.  There aren't even any trees!

So here's a snapshot into our recent journey to our favorite waterfall, this time with Courage!




















Photos by my sister, Hillary Dodson

No comments:

Post a Comment