Monday, October 24, 2011

A Real Little Boy!


It's amazing to think just a few weeks ago I gave birth to my beautiful baby boy.  And it's also amazing to think that he's already almost a month old!  By spending every day (and night) with Courage these last three and a half weeks, I'm becoming more accustomed to his cute mannerisms and personality as he grows.  It's like getting to know a real person!  I'm constantly reminded that he's a real little boy!
LOVE his expression! haha
Breastfeeding served to be quite the challenge the first couple weeks.  I cried most times as I tried to toughen through the pain, wondering if I could really do this every few hours, every single day for the next year!  I desperately asked several other moms for advice, suckered into buying a few pacifiers, tried pumping in place of nursing, and even supplemented a few times.  And then...one day it didn't hurt anymore.  I literally woke up one morning and breastfeeding was no longer a dreaded thought.
my little owl
My days consist of attempting to get Courage on a good feeding schedule, figuring out the best routine for cloth diapering, trying to pretty myself up for a visit to Starbucks, taking a ton of pictures of Courage to capture each outfit and and expression, planning Preston's lunch and dinner for the next day, and smothering my baby with a million kisses any chance I get. Sometimes I sneak in a nap, but thankfully he's been sleeping a lot throughout the nights, so I've been getting pretty good night sleep!  Yay Jesus!
Tie-Dye onesie - painted by my brother
Orange booties - made by my sister 

I have to admit it's been wonderful staying home all day with my son and getting used to life as a mom.  I can't help but create 'To Do' lists in my head, such as "make pumpkin bread this week," and "start scrapbooking my maternity photos," and "play piano," (none of which I have actually accomplished), among the other usual tasks of laundry, dishes, cooking, cleaning, paying bills...etc.  Nevertheless, I feel at peace and accomplished in my daily life, and I'm even looking forward to going back to work, as shocking as that may be!

As we approach November, I choose to cherish my last month as a "stay-at-home mom," and relish in watching my lion-heart boy grow into a two-month old.  I don't want to miss a thing.  So I praise God every morning and choose to live each day to its fullness!
Warrior Lion-Heart Courage
<3

1 comment:

  1. Courage is so precious! I love all the pics. I love the owl cloth diapers and booties :)

    ReplyDelete