Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Merry Crafting!

I've been getting super excited for Christmas!!!
We set up our tree Thanksgiving night, even though we had a long day and we were exhausted.
Since then I haven't been able to stop creating little gifts and crafts!  I've been obsessed with mason jars and have been exploring different ways of utilizing them artistically.
So here are a few things that have kept me busy this Christmas season...
I decided to try to make my own natural laundry detergent.  It's super easy and cheap!  And this cool vintage mason jar I scored for 50 cents at a thrift store!
I used my own organic oatmeal soap for one of the ingredients, and I painted the lid of the jar with chalkboard paint so I can re-label

These make great gifts - homemade vanilla syrup and caramel syrup - also SUPER easy to make!  And they add great flavor to coffee or hot cocoa!

This was so easy to make too - and it looks so cute all dressed up in a recycled jar, cinnamon stick, hemp string, feather and a spoon!


This Coffee Exfoliating Scrub was fun to experiment with.  Also makes a great gift and smells good!
I like how I decorated the lid - with old piece of scrap music paper and a few coffee beans.
The other things I've been working on are Christmas gifts and I don't want to spoil the surprise, so I will probably end up posting those photos after the holiday :)

Happy Christmas Everyone!!!  Be Merry!! <3

2 comments:

  1. Hey Bethany!! I love your mason jars! I too have a slight obsession with them =) I used them at my wedding (we found 120 mason jars for $20 on craigslist), and now i've recycled them as my Christmas decorations..i have some pics of them posted in my festivities album on facebook. I also love burlap, and they look great together!!! Hope you are doing well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey molly!! Thats fantastic! i am loving burlap too! i need to get me some :) its great to hear from you!!

    ReplyDelete