Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Vegan Pumpkin Bread!

Today was my day off this week so I spent much of the afternoon baking!
Who knew baking is so much FUN?!
I love it - especially when I'm using all natural and organic ingredients.


Today I made vegan pumpkin bread and pumpkin muffins!
The recipe called for eggs, but I decided to try the Ener-G Egg Replacer that I picked up at the store last week to substitute for the eggs.
So this batch is entirely dairy-free, and I literally used all organic and natural ingredients.
Also - I substituted 1/3 of the sugar for Truvia (a natural calorie-free sweetener), to make it a little healthier
I found a sugar/Truvia conversion chart HERE
I also used a whole pumpkin that I received from "my farm" this fall.
I hand-grated that bad boy into SIX cups!  And man are my arms sore!!




It all turned out delicious!

Hmm... now what else can I bake/cook?

2 comments:

  1. When you're with us, we should bake some bread! And rolls! And maybe some marathon bars. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. these look delicious Bethany. way to go:)

    ReplyDelete